- How do you come up with my child’s sleep plan?
- Will you come to my home?
- Will you travel out of the San Francisco Bay Area to meet with me?
- Can we do my consultation over the phone?
- Will you speak to my Mother’s Club/Parents’ Group or Special Event?
- Can you help me with two children of different ages?
- Do you work with twins?
- What is your method?
- What ages do you work with?
- What if I need additional support after our consultation?
- May I give your services as a gift?
- Why can’t I figure this out on my own?
- We plan to co-sleep long term. Can you help us?
- How do you come up with my child’s sleep plan?Each family and each child is unique. It is important that we have a clear and detailed understanding of your unique circumstances.. That is why we will ask you to complete a comprehensive questionnaire and have you track a 24-hour cycle in the life of your child. By gaining a strong understanding of your child’s challenges and habits, we can better design a successful sleep strategy.
- Will you come to my home?Yes. If you live in the greater San Francisco Bay Area we will meet in your home. We will also travel greater distances should you wish to meet in person. If you live outside of the Bay Area, we will conduct our meeting over the phone.
- Will you travel out of the San Francisco Bay Area to meet with me?Yes. We are more than happy to travel to your home. Travel expenses are covered by the client.
- Can we do my consultation over the phone?If you live in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area it is preferrable to meet with you in your home. However, we have conducted consultations over the phone with great success.
- Will you speak to my Mother’s Club/Parents’ Group or Special Event?We are pleased to present to a group of interested parents. Please contact us for speaker fees.
- Can you help me with two children of different ages?Yes. We have worked with many clients who have sleep issues with both their infant and toddler.
- Do you work with twins?Absolutely! Our sleep coaching services started out as an offshoot of Karen Schwarzbach’s DoubleTalk program. Initially all of her clients had twins. As word spread, we began working with singletons, too.
- What is your method?We employ an integrated approach to ‘sleep training’, meaning that we look at all aspects of your baby’s life, day and night; nutrition; naps; daily routine and schedule (or lack thereof); household dynamics; environmental distractions; etc. to assess why your child is having sleep challenges.
We are not locked into one sleep training ‘method’. More so we analyze each client and their child individually and make recommendations that fit their unique set of circumstances.
Clarifying and modifying routines, schedules, sleep tools and techniques is a typical part of the process. While we often find particular success with certain ‘sleep training’ techniques, our number one goal is to help our clients find the most comfortable style for them. For example, some people find that Richard Ferber’s recommended progressive waiting is more disruptive than calming to your baby, so you may prefer to employ Marc Weissbluth’s ‘extinction” method or perhaps Elizabeth Pantley’s ‘no-cry’ sleep solution.
We work with each client to customize a plan that takes personal style and philosophies into account, therefore it is helpful for us to know what techniques and strategies you have already tried. This helps us understand your personal preferences regarding the sleep coaching process.
There are so many other elements that go into the sleep process and that is part of the service we deliver; to help you understand how to optimize routines and environment to create restful sleep for babies and parents alike!
- What ages do you work with?Our services are best suited for children three months through three years of age.
- What if I need additional support after our consultation?Our goal is your success! We are happy to book additional time to provide you with what ever additional guidance and support you need to help your baby develop healthy sleep habits.
- May I give your services as a gift?Yes, we have a beautiful gift certificate that we personalize and give to you or mail directly to the recipient along with an explanation of services.
- Why can’t I figure this out on my own?You may well be able to! However, our clients, who include doctors, dentists, attorneys, psychologists, professional athletes and educators may be masters of their own crafts, but when it comes to helping their own young children develop good sleep habits, they are stumped!
While there are dozens of useful books on the subject of infant/toddler sleep, most describe their own processes and methodologies and how they fit the general population. Often times, parents read several sleep coaching books, which only confuses them more. Other times parents choose the concepts they like from several different practitioners, but those elements are not always complementary to one another.
The bottom line is that many parents are exhausted and too weary to try and figure it out on their own! Trying to sort out all the variables can be overwhelming, especially when you haven’t slept well in some time.
- We plan to co-sleep long term. Can you help us?The family bed is embraced throughout the world. However, you would be better served by a sleep consultant who is better versed in providing guidance within the co-sleeping framework.